Location: 6505 Glade Road, SE, Acworth, GA 30102 (at the Allatoona Community Center)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., excluding observed holidays
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 85, Acworth, GA 30101
Site Coordinator Social Services: Nichole Varnell; email: email@example.com
Social Service Worker: Kim Noble Brown; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide the residents of the south Bartow County area access to county resources, education, information and services.
To improve the quality of life for all of the south Bartow area through partnerships and collaboration between government, businesses, churches and the community.
The ARC works with the South Bartow Community to provide certain direct services to residents of Bartow County. The Center also serves as a source of information and referral for available programs and services from various other agencies.You must be a Bartow County Resident and most programs and services have additional restrictions and qualifications that must be met in order to receive assistance. The ARC also serves as a Community Advocate working with the business community, non-profits, civic groups and others to raise awareness throughout Bartow County of the needs and concerns of the South Bartow community.
- Baby Products — Diapers, infant formula, etc.
- Bartow County Drug Voucher Program — Limited prescription assistance (NO NARCOTICS OR PAIN MEDICATIONS)
- Compass / Food Stamp Renewal
- Emergency Food Pantry (SNAP / USDA) — Working with families in immediate need of food. SNAP for families with children and USDA food.
- Emergency Utility Assistance — (Power & Water Only) Must be at risk of losing service or getting service restored (Limited amount/family)
- Nutrition Site Frozen Meal Program — (Senior Citizens) Eligible clients receive five (5) frozen meals, bread, juice, condiments and snacks.
- Lice Treatment — (School Voucher Required)
- Medical Assistance — Assistance with doctor visits.
- Needy Meds Program — Assistance with Patient Assistance Programs from pharmaceutical companies.
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) — Assistance with Enrollment. ARC
Partners & Links:
- Advocates For Children (Child Abuse resources for Children and Families)
- Allatoona Community Association
- Bartow Collaborative (Local Georgia Family Connection Collaborative Organization)
- Bartow County Parks and Recreation (Gymnasium and Bartow Carver Park for a variety of Recreation Programs)
- Bartow Give a Kid A Chance (Back to school supplies and needs once a year) JULY 25th, 2015
- Cartersville Bartow County Chamber of Commerce (Business Directory and Resources)
- DFCS (Division of Family and Children Services)
- Helping Mamas (Baby supplies in Metro Atlanta)
- Must Ministries (Child hunger)
- SKORE (Supporting Kids on the Road to Excellence)
- Tallatoona Community Action Partnership (Agency for various assistance and needs)
- United Way of Bartow County